Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday in Edenton




Nice windy day in town today!

Yacht club had a rummage sale going on at the downtown marina, the American Legion had the annual Hog Fest in session at the Fairgrounds.

I did a recon of the local area looking at For Sale signs and getting an idea of the lay of the land.

At lunch time I stopped in at Sean's for an ice tea.....gazed into the prettiest eyes in town....belonging to the "Blender Bosun". One could get lost in them! Made small chat with the folks there until I had tanked up with tea and set out to make the rounds.

I wound up on the boat and nursed a blender full of Rum based Lime drink....read up on the destruction of a Russia bound convoy PQ-17 during World War II and chatted with all the passers by.

About Sunset, the Canadian Geese started the daily Flt-Ex evolution....circling around and makinjg water landings in the middle of the marina. The Goslings are growing like weeds....we have three bunches of them now....all different sizes.

Am off to Fayetteville tomorrow to my niece's place to celebrate Mom's Day....back tomorrow tonight. Monday will start prepping the boat for a trip down to the Neuse River, New Bern, and Clubfoot Creek for a Saturday meet up with Joe Earl and Karen and whoever else shows up. I will be back about mid-week and start some local exploring to find good sailing ground for next month's Full Moon period.

Thoughts are the Chowan River will be the spot for that as the Albemarle Sound is chock full of crab pots and drift nets which would be a real hazard in the dark as they are a big pain in the hind end during daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment