Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Husband Winning Biscuits!

Life is good again!

I have found an excellent breakfast place and it is within walking distance of the boat....even by my standards of distance which means like not very far at all. Bay Bridge Marina and Cafe is on the other side of the Highway 17 bridge and caters to Bass Boaters and other low clearance craft due to the height of the bridge. The very same people that keep "waking" me when I was tied up to the Tee Dock on the creek.

Bill and Denise run the Cafe and put out some excellent chow! They make home made, just like Grandma Cooper (Miss Luna who my boat is named for) used to do. The old standard of "being able to catch a Husband" in judging biscuits applies here. They are that good!

They gave me a sample of the strawberry shortcake they are making for lunch today....home made biscuits, fresh strawberries, and homemade whipped cream! I shall be there with Bells On for lunch today!

I urged them to hang up a sign that requires the guy getting the last biscuit to kiss the cook.

You best make sure which day Bill makes the biscuits as he is a rather large manly fellow and I don't think I would care to try to kiss him! As good as those biscuits are.....that might be a rather steep price to pay! Now Denise on the other hand.....no down side to that!

I noticed something rather odd on the counter.....a huge Urn looking glass jar that had "Tips" written on it for some inexplicable reason as it was completely void of anything but a bit of dust. Must be the Bass Boaters are cheaper than Cruising Sailors....and that would be real trick to pull off!

Ol' Frady must be on the mend sure enough....he was absent without leave again this morning so I reckon he is able to get out and roam. Amazing what a Two Hundred Dollar Vet bill can do to improve his constitution.

He let me put some ointment on his hurt leg and with a bit of protest I was able to get the pain killer into him by squirting the stuff into his mouth using a syringe. As to getting the pill medicine into him.....yeah....Right!

The boat is fueled, watered, filled with propane, greased, checked, and all that is left to do is get some groceries, Cat Litter, Kitty grub, and do laundry....then ready to get underway tomorrow assuming the weather is no worse than forecast. Sounds like strong winds and some Thunder Bumpers might be around for a couple of days.

Live music at Sean's tonight.....and another chance to enjoy looking into the Blender Bosun's eyes! Sean has the best Reuben Sandwich.....nay, the second best Reuben Sandwich I have ever had! The old German place on Park Road in Charlotte had the best hands down but Sean's loses by just a smidgen.

No comments:

Post a Comment