Bright, clear, cool morning when I got up....had a cup of Tea and started the day off trying to get a pill into the Cat....gave up on that as a lost cause but did get the pain killer squirted down his gullet without losing any of my fingers. Ol' Frady is a pretty mellow fellow with the pain killers working on him! The leg shows improvement already both in the wound and his being able to put some weight on it.
I made several trips to the gas station ferrying diesel in jerry cans to the boat as the marina fuel pump is still out of service. In between the trips I spent about an hour on a treasure hunt with a neighbor. Seems he had a steering cable failure and in the process of replacing the broken cable....he managed to drop a pair of pliers down inside the binnacle stanchion. With much effort, a bright light, and a lot of squinting....you can almost see the pliers way down at the bottom of the hole but retrieving them is turning into a multi-day effort. Yes....a wonderful boat project to be enjoyed!
The boat is fueled and watered....going grocery shopping in the morning after filling the propane tanks and I will be ready to get underway on Thursday morning. Live music at Sean's tomorrow night and I don't want to miss another opportunity to gaze into the Blender Bosun's eyes. That beats the beer, chow, and music by a mile!
Late in the afternoon I put the Dink into the water and took a bit of a boat ride. I rode out through the Edenton Channel to get another look at it and just enjoy the view of the town and this part of the Sound. On the way back I ducked under the Highway 17 bridge at the marina and continued on up the creek. What an incredibly pretty place. Water smooth as glass, dark as coffee, Geese, and Cypress trees on all sides as the creek winds it way around. I turned around at the next bridge but could have made it under with no problem. I understand this creek meanders on for another fifteen to twenty miles before it gets too shallow and narrow to navigate. I will make that trip when I get back from Clubfoot Creek next week.
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment