This town called Edenton is a very interesting place....with some very interesting people!
I am a key card holder at the local American Legion having made my first visit there and enjoyed the company of a fine group of Veterans. The place is upscale and the Post seems quite active in local events, sponsors a couple of youth baseball teams, and puts on several good fund raisers in the form of Cook Offs and the like. This weekend is the Hog Cooking contest and I hope the rain holds off so it will be a huge success.
After the Legion, I wandered down to Sean's in Downtown Edenton, had a good Cheeseburger with a Pasta Salad then gathered up my courage and got my pocket knife close to hand for a visit to the Bar. A young barefoot fellow was playing a guitar and playing music about two generations too new for me. I was let down he did not know the forty six versions of "The Chicken's Last Walk To The Wood Pile" but then not many do.
I enlisted one crew member for Luna while sat at the bar....fair young Anne who works at the place. One interesting bit of news fellas....if you want your nails done...Wednesday night at Sean's. A couple of ladies provide manicures to all and sundry. Only in Edenton at Sean's can one watch a hockey fight on TV while getting your nails done with a glass of Guinness in the other hand!
The night was complete when I arrived back at the boat to find Frady very glad to see the Chef return. I wish he could talk....as he arrived clean, dry, burr-less, and without any cobwebs on him....which makes me wonder just where the Heck he has been for a day and a half!
Shannon suggested I might be spending quite a bit of time in Sean's the day we had lunch there.
Shannon as usual is pretty perceptive!
Another rainy day....reckon I will do some reading and vacuum the interior of the boat and try to get the ten tons of cat fur off the upholstry and carpet. That will upset the Cat's siesta I am sure!
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment