Lots of wind blowing today with spells of rain, halyards clanging away, and the boat rocking around a bit gave cause to reflect upon things that just drive me crazy.
I made a mistake and read through H.R. 1, The House Stimulus Plan, and that really got me crazy!
It is so interesting to read of the Hundreds of Billions of Dollars the Politicians want to spend on some really silly projects....I won't bore you with the details but Lordy....drunken sailors couldn't be so wasteful in their spending desires! I figure Mr. Obama shall find himself in a bit of a pickle over this Bill if he is reminded of his promise to go through the Federal spending line by line to identify wasteful spending for programs that do not work or are a waste of money.
Having had a couple of run in's with the IRS....over a few hundred dollars I love the fact the new head of the Treasury Department skated on not paying $34,000 and held a job as head of the New York Federal Reserve.....evidently he did not have to deal with the same IRS folks I did.
I read of the petition the Democrats are starting to muzzle Rush Limbaugh.....and promptly signed in on that. I hope they get enough names and someone challenges the validity of the signatures as they will just love my comments I left when I signed the petition.
In case you wonder....I am a firm believer in Free Speech. Some would say Limbaugh is "paid" speech due to his selling advertising but then I see folks like Chris Dodd and other corrupt politicians as engaging in "paid" speech as well.
I am glad Citi Bank backed out of their new Biz Jet they had ordered....I wonder if the Air Force will pick it up at a bargain and use it to fly Her Nibs (Nancy Pelosi) to and from San Francisco instead of the wornout old Gulfstream IV they use now.
Al Gore braved more of his usual Global Warming and testified to Congress today. I certainly hope he was not sworn to tell the truth prior to his statement. I keep waiting for him to move to Minnesota.....it being the state with the "Loon" as the State Bird. He would fit right in there since they have had Jesse for Governor and if the Democrats can steal enough votes....Al Franken for a Senator. Actually, the thought of Franken in the Senate sort of brings a smile to me. It is not like it is a real august group or anything anymore!
One should not read quotes from Thomas Jefferson or Will Rogers while contemplating our current economic condition and political climate. I will certainly have a packet of notes from Jefferson for use at the Journal meeting coming up.
Over the past few years I have been a bit of a thorn in the side of the Winston-Salem Journal Editorial Board and have had some very interesting exchanges with Mick Scott there at the paper.
This morning I got quite a surprise when he invited me to attend next week's Editorial Board Meeting. He even suggested I need not wear my Kevlar Vest and Helmet as he felt they had a most collegial forum. I am looking forward to this event but think I will take a Food Taster along just in case they offer me a cup of coffee or in the best tradition of Newspaper folks....a strong drink.
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment