Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday!

I succumbed to Jud Lamphear's invitation to attend the Super Bowl Party at the Winston-Salem American Legion Post I belong to. The members and families were gathering to root for their favorite team and sample the food offerings brought by others.

I did up a batch of meatballs using an old family recipe....Walmart Style. Also, found Jalapeno Peppers on sale for Seventy Five Cents per pound. I split the peppers, raked out the seeds, and filled them with some Pimento Cheese made by a small store in Kernersville that Walmart uses as a supplier. It is the best Pimento Cheese I have ever had!

The Game was a real thriller and was the best Super Bowl game I have ever sat through.....matter of fact it is the only Super Bowl game I have watched from the start to the end.

I view football as being a very big waste of time next only to Pro Basketball, any Golf match, and every Tennis match. Give me a good movie any time....heck...give me a bad movie over televised sports.

As I was rooting for the Steelers (most everyone else was rooting for the Blue Jays, Crows or whatever that other team was) it became very interesting at times. I was sat next to Judley and had to laugh when he and the rest of the guys leapt to their feet....started cheering a non-Steeler runner on.

I had to comment to Judley that I really did not think the runner could hear him being as he was thousands of miles away on the other end of a television broadcast system. But then what do I know about football and modern technology.

A friend sent me a video off YouTube this weekend. It is an interview of Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader and shows Reid explaining to a reporter how the American Income Tax system is a "voluntary" system. I guess it must be for Democrats in light of the past performance by Charlie Rangel, Tim Geithner, and Tom Daschael.

I know the IRS in their dealings with me have made it clear it is anything but "voluntary"! Anytime you face civil and criminal penalties for failing to pay your full tax bill I fail to see where the "voluntary" part comes in. Perhaps I am not being the "Patriot" as Joe Biden tells me I should be.

If I had tried to use the same kind of explanation Reid did when explaining my grades in school to my Momma.....I shudder to think how that would have turned out. Come to think of it....maybe that is what we need to do to straighten out Congress. Every time we catch them telling a bold faced lie....take a belt to their butt!

Now...off to the Federal Court House....strip nearly naked to get through the security checkpoint...and go collect a short twelve page IRS publication to determine how much I owe them out of the Social Security payment I got this year. Funny how they tax you on money you contributed to the system after paying income tax on that very money to begin with. God forbid you die with money in the bank......they will want a share of that too.

When the Liberals get around to raising our taxes as they surely will.....I am going to lobby for a "Penis Tax" as I will be guaranteed a rebate!

No comments:

Post a Comment