Today turned out to be another very pretty day....clear and sunny....and got cold quick as the Sun set. Plenty of activity on the dock this afternoon....had a nice visit with the neighbors while I polished some stainless steel bits on the boat.
I spent yesterday and today having a "neat fit" and cleaned the boat interior from one end to the other...sorted out all sorts of clutter that has grown since I first got the boat. In the end...two cart loads of junk went ashore and some order returned.
Unlike many years....last night was a "health night"....stayed sober...nary the drink at all...ate a good curry...watched a very bad movie....and retired to the bunk with a good book. I am reading
"Citizen Soldier" by Stephen Ambrose...an account of the US Army from D-Day to the surrender of Germany.
Greg Graham called today....he and I flew together in Vietnam all those years ago. Greg retired from Petroleum Helicopters after working for them for an entire life time and much like me prefers to drive anywhere he goes rather than fly. I invited him up for a sail...and mini-reunion with John Townsley, Jim Vanderbeck, and Frenchy Viol, all former Geronimo's who live near Raleigh, North Carolina. I hope he will take the time and find his way up here. (That is a hint Greg!)
Happy New Year to all!
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment