Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shouldacouldawoulda!


It came to me a few minutes ago why I should have followed Joe Earl and Karen south to the Bahamas! After a fabulous day building a shelf for the new microwave I decided to dump some trash and have a shower over at the marina building. I knew it had been snowing and sleeting today but had not really kept up with the accumulation.

There was some snow....not enough as it turned out....but there was a surplus of ice! Getting around on the deck making my way off the boat was more like ice skating than walking. Praise the Lord I am on a floating dock.....the thought of being on the fixed dock with a five foot tide fall reminds me of why I love this marina!

Frady had his first experience with snow.....and for once he needed no encouragement to return to the boat. I think this was the kool-aid acid test for cold kitty paws! Immediately upon jumping down into the main cabin he passed right by the food point and went straight to his best buddy (the radiator)....took a quick bath and snuggled up to Hotty.

So Joe Earl....if you read this....just suffer in silence with your 59/61 degree day!

It is an ill wind that blows no good however....at least the beer is cold.

ZZ Top blasting....a cold Sam Adams Winter Lager...only thing missing is the microwave popcorn....well maybe a dancing partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment