Sunday, August 23, 2009

New but Failed Technology!

Now for the short version of a long story!

Gateway Laptops are a complete failure as Ion-izing Water Filters.....they treat the water good enough but don't last very long while doing so thus making them un-economical as a means to improving water quality.

The girls showed up late in the afternoon on Thursday and we pulled out of Beaufort Creek after finally untangling the anchor from an old mooring line we had snagged. The run out to Lookout was interesting....we got beat up pretty good with all sorts of stuff finding its way onto the cabin sole. Frady did fine until all that commotion started at which time he sought safer and quieter places. Katie snuggled him for most of the ride.....lucky fellow!

We spent a good weekend in the Bight, the girls surfed (what there was of it), braved the presence of a fairly large Shark, gathered clams and the like for fish bait. We caught a few Croakers and a pretty two foot long shark. The Curry I made on Saturday turned out really good.....brought tears to some eyes!
We dropped Katie off on Sunday and headed back to Edenton. Shannon was a great help running into the creek at night well after dark and while surrounded by Thunderstorms. I would have hated to do that by myself!
The day I drove Shannon to Wilmington....I returned to find the Deck Hatch over the dinette table to be un-dogged and the Laptop filled with rain water. It had drowned while I was gone.
A week later....with a nice new Sony laptop....back on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment