Awoke to a foggy, damp, looks like it is gonna rain day....but it never did! Got up early and filled propane tanks, bought a bit of Dink Gas and hit the Bayside for Breakfast. Since Big Bill left the Bayside has lost it's allure.....I can cook an egg better than the folks running the place now. Seems the Church folk banded together and Big Bill hit the road....seems the kitchen was a bit crowded and it became a "She Goes or I Go!" deal and Bill went. That is bad news for those of us who enjoy a really good breakfast out sometimes.
Nice run today, all power and no sailing as the wind stayed politely on the nose all day....even when I changed course a couple of times. Go Figure!
Forecast is for the same winds for the rest of the week so this will be a motor trip to Morehead. After that it will be good sailing with the winds out of the Southwest....3-5 foot seas....but some chance of afternoon Thunder Bumpers marching in from the Gulf Stream.
Early night tonight as I want to be up and gone by daylight. Frady is on watch as he slept all of the day when he wasn't glaring at me with looks that could kill. He got over being shanghai'ed about dinner time tonight. Funny how that works!
Boats and Sailors need to be on the water and away from the dock.....things look better from out here!
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment