Awoke at Oh Dark Thirty....had a quick cup of coffee and arm wrestled Frady over the bowl of cereal....I gave up and shared it with him.
Really foggy as I pulled into the Alligator River Canal but with lots of optimism I knew in my heart it would lift quickly as I could already feel a bit of wind stirring.
Wrong!
I got a couple of miles into the canal and it did get foggy....like really foggy....like hug one side and sorta see the bank as it slid by at three knots or less. The radar and chart plotter worked great and in an hour or so the fog did lift to a bearable visibility. Part of the run was like flying instruments in a helicopter.....let the autopilot drive and just punch buttons and monitor the radar and moving map.
The wind was perverse today. Every time it picked up to being usable for sailing and far enough off the bow to make it work.....there was a course change that put it right smack back on the bow.
Now anchored at Cedar Creek just south of the Neuse and getting ready for a well deserved dinner.
Cellular reception is fading in and out.....thus good reason to call it a night!
Next stop Morehead City/Beaufort for fuel and a slow day to catch up with boat stuff.
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment