Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dockside at Edenton

The boat is clean, washed, cushions cleaned, ropes, lines, rodes, and strings coiled, washed, and hung with care, dishes washed, heads scrubbed, bunk made, my own hide bathed, and if I can get my hands on the Ship's Cat....he is next on the scrub list.

I did not do the tour of Edenton as I was busy entertaining myself with the scrub brush and water hose most of the day. Tomorrow perhaps I shall venture forth and look for the laundromat, hardware store, propane repair place, and perhaps stop for another fine Reuben Sandwich at Shannon's favorite Meatball Sandwich Shop.

If the weather cooperates it is also time to raise the sails and give them a good scrubbing to get all the Dirt Dobber Nest mud stains off the canvas. Those rascals delight in building nests inside the stacked sails and when you raise the sails you get showered in dirt clods. The good news is they don't sting but calmly fly off in search of a new home.

Frady has turned into a trophy hunter....while enjoying the last few chapters of "The Last Stand of Fox Company", the story of a five day fight in Korea in minus 25 degree weather at the Chosin Resevoir, I was presented with a Bull Frog. Frady spent ten minutes chasing the Frog all over the boat....he would reach a paw out to touch the Frog and off would hop the critter seeking a place to hide. The Ship's Cat tired of that fun and went to his dry food bowl for a snack and I was able to get to the Frog to heave him over the side back into the creek.

Alas, the Frog Croaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment