Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Civil War Redux?

Gosh....the Governor of Texas and the Texas Legislature have gone public with a House Resolution and public statement of protest against what they see to be as an "Oppressive Federal Government". They are raising the spectre of open resistance to the Federal Government over the ever increasing intrusion of the Federal Government into areas prohibited to it by the Constitution.

At the same time the Department of Homeland Security issued a report warning of "Right Wing Extremists" becoming more active and growing in numbers nationwide. They are particularly worried about returing Military Veterans who are growing more and more vocal about their opposition to the current administrations programs and initiatives.

There are thousands of Tea Party protests scheduled for tomorrow and probably millions of Americans from all walks of life will be out to show their disillusionment with Federal Government Tax laws and other fiscal misconduct.

Well, the Obama Voters wanted "Change".....I guess this is what they wanted.....a nation so divided that the working class middle income silent majority is now becoming the "radical" group that bears investigation as being a threat to the peace and tranquility of the country.

Funny thing....these radicals are folks that work for a living, pay their debts, raise their children, attend church, pay taxes, and make our country the prosperous place it is.

I wonder if the politicians are looking out the window and wondering when the farmers with their pitchforks are going to show up and clean out the crap from the halls of Congress?

I apologize for the political rant but I do believe we are seeing the start of the Second Civil War....one between those that pay their way and those that want their way paid for.

I also will bet there will be a third political party formed in the next year that will take on the Republicans and Democrats and will win the vote. I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment