Hit the road yesterday and headed to Edenton and Elizabeth City to look at Edenton Marina and Lamb's Marina along with some others that I happened by. I liked the looks of the Edenton Marina and think the town of Edenton is a very pretty place. Lamb's Marina....well let's just say it would be a good port in a storm. The City Docks in downtown Elizabeth City seemed a nice place and there seems to be some new construction going on just around the inlet from there. Perhaps someone has the intent to put a nice new modern marina there in Elizabeth City....it would be a winner if they did.
I drove through Oriental to catch the ferry over to the south side of the river as I planned to stay in Havelock for the night. Dinner at Barney's was depressing as ever....seems whatever beer you wanted...they did not have. I remember once again why I so enjoy Wilmington!
Got up early and hit the mini-storage to fetch some tools and materials I need for the holding tank repair and some other projects. The ferry was not running due to the dense fog so I took the time to swing by Matthews Point Marina and have a cup of coffee with the guys. Al Becker the Dockmaster was there and his usual hospitable self as were Joe the Broker and Dale from Hi Flight (a Pearson 424). Alas, Dale's lovely wife was away in town shopping.
The gossip centered around the news that Town Creek Marina in Beaufort is going into bankruptcy and has generated a lot of business for the Morehead City Yacht Basin and Al reports all the MCYB slips are full now.
The "Ming" has sold and is now somewhere in the Wilmington area....knowing my luck she will fetch up in the slip next to me at the Wilmington Marine Center.
Diesel prices remain a mystery to me! I saw prices that varied from $2.09 per gallon to $2.79 per gallon...and the lowest and highest prices were both Hess Stations. The usual "cheapest" places (Exit 150 on I-85 near Burlington) were Twenty Cents a gallon higher than most places in Wilmington and around Kinston.
Arrived home to find Frady sitting in the window. From the "purrs" I heard, I believe he was happy to see me.....although it might have been the bag of Kitty Treats I had in my hand.
Back to the boat late tomorrow....and time to turn to on the repairs on Monday.
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment