Awoke at 0530 to the sound of rattling halyards and the boat heeling over to port and staying there while the wind howled in the rigging. I tried the "roll over and snuggle into the pillow" method of ignoring the noise but in the end got up and got the coffee going while I did a line check.
Makes me glad I am in port tied up to the dock....and not on the open water.
It is cold outside! Frady is ashore doing his morning hunt.....open season on squirrels, mice, and other prey. It is a fair deal in there is at least one big Gray Fox in the patch of woods he hunts....thus he can be hunted as well.
Quick sniff check confirms all is well in the forward cabin....even the pine sol aroma has gone.
Today is travel to Winston-Salem day....heading home for Christmas with Mom.
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment