Friday, March 20, 2009

Survived St. Paddy's Day........ Barely!

St. Paddy's Day was great fun. Lots of people out celebrating...lots of Guinness....like lots and lots and lots of Guinness. I lived up to my promise....remembered my way home and remembered getting home. The day after I saw someone had enjoyed a curry meal while I was in bed....the least they could have done is clean the galley after they finished. The 18th was spent doing first echelon maintenance upon my eyelids checking for light leaks. I am happy to report all is well with my eyelids...they work fine after a very exhaustive checking.

This morning the Cat fell into the cabin screaming in pain....and was thrashing around in a panic of sorts. I rolled out of bed and found he had some rough grass stalks lodged in his throat. After we got that out of him he was instantly better. The poor little guy had been choking on it and made his way to the boat seeking help. I think I can safely call him a Shipmate now.

I see where Obama withdrew his plans for the VA to bill Disabled Veterans for their Service Connected Wounds treatment. That lasted a total of 48 hours before he saw the light.

Now I guess it is the Special Olympics folks that have a bone to pick with the man and rightfully so. Our President is supposed to set the example for the rest of us and making light of the "Special Olympics" just isn't cool no matter how innocent he meant the comment to be. He has to realize he will be held to a higher standard than he was in Illinois and the Senate. But then....with recent activities what standards are there in the Senate.

No comments:

Post a Comment