The joys of boat ownership struck once again this week. I discovered the need to overhaul the aft Head plumbing system and replace the bladder holding tank. Thank goodness it was no where the mess the forward head provided!
I finally got up the courage after staring at the new parts for a few days and used a couple of rainy days to get stuck in to the work. For some reason, Frady the Ship's Cat and dedicated Sniffer of All Things whose secondary duty is keeping a nose in whatever I am doing on the boat did a quick sniff at ten paces and bolted for the beach. I wish I could have gone with him.
The fun bit is done....old bladder removed...hoses cleaned out....new anti-siphon loop installed and lots of smell good and Pine Sol doused in the bladder compartment. After a final scrubbing and wipe down with Acetone....a couple of coats of pretty white gloss paint and it will be time to hook up the new bladder...do a leak check and cover things up.
The gas grill continues to baffle me. That is easy to do it seems. I visited my favorite marine supply store (not....) and bought a new control valve for the grill and a new burner tube. I immediately found the valve had the wrong nozzle on it and would not fit the grill.....and the bolt securing the burner tube is welded tight and cannot be removed. I gave up on the grill and will look for the Incredible Hulk's Big Brother and see if he can twist that one screw off for me as it isn't going to be done by a mere mortal man.
Heard from lots of friends this week. One told me of his pending job change....seems he finally had enough of dealing with a troublesome personality at his work place. I know he will be missed by his customers.
Sailing season approaches.....looks like the cold weather has gone and the trees are blooming now. I expect to start seeing the alligators swimming around the marina here....and hope the Cat is smarter and quicker than they are or he will be gator chow.
Docked in Brunswick
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment