Thursday, September 2, 2010

What Kind of Mood Is Earl Going To Be In?

Awoke to a dead calm day....overcast.....and quiet.....less Blue (neighbors wee doggy) barking away at whatever yappers bark at.

Coffee brewing....checking the weather reports and guesses about Earl. Thus far, the weather guessers say we will have Tropical Storm weather tonight....possibly Hurricane weather. Now if Obama and his crew of Economists could be as forthcoming! First order of business was to feed Frady who is loving the return to his regular Fancy Feast offerings....he and every other Cat seems to hate the gravy style for some feline reason.

Second order of business is to feed me....coffee is brewing and there are the usual bagels....John Wayne style...cold...without butter....but quick! Then off to fill fuel cans....buy a pair of reading glasses then back to the boat to remove the Bimini. Except for running the extra bow line and the two creek lines we are ready for Earl.

Noon.....weather forecast is improving slightly....seems Earl has held to a more northerly course and that should keep it further offshore. Peak winds are thought now to be about 60-65 mph which should pose no problem. The surge should be no more than three or four feet probably which is not too extreme.

Shannon called me saying she has been feeling really bad.....went to the Doctor yesterday without any real result. Sure hope she feels better.....or it is off to Myrtle Beach to see about her.

Am holding off stringing the creek lines....neighbor boat ran his...and instantly a fellow in a 26 foot ex-USN motor whale boat had to run up the creek. He came from just around the corner...and had three days warning to move the boat....and seemed bothered the creek lines were in the water.

I met the legendary Bobby Cahoon this morning at breakfast up in Bayboro at Charlies Cafe. I met him when he roared into the parking lot and cut me off for a parking space I was trying to pull into...then said he had not seen me.....imagine that...a big blue one ton Dodge four wheel drive pickup truck with my smiling countenace at the wheel....and he could not see me! I reckon he ought not be driving if that is the case.

Why is it....rude Redneck Goobers play stupid when challenged about their bad manners? Is it really ignorance or just more bad manners on display? Funny thing....I have been here since May....hang out in Oriental....and know of this fellow by name and reputation long before I meet him by chance in Bayboro. Sorta tells the story I think! Thus....it appears the big bag of wind around today is not just Hurricane Earl.

Earl turned north and northeasterly.....should pass offshore of Hatteras....leaving us with a bit of wind....and some high water but nothing of any consequence.

Dollar Beer and Captain's Call at the Silo's tonight....that trumps Earl!

Frady went after a Snake this afternoon....it wound up in a draw....Snake slithered off....and Frady stayed un-bit! The Ship's Cat was strutting afterwards! So long as he holds to our agreement on the "Catch and Release Program".....where he catches them, brings them to me on the boat....releases them...and I chase them down and release them back to the wild...we will be okay. I reminded him yet again today...."NO SNAKES!"

Time to jump in the Rain Locker and head off to the Silo's for Captain's Call!

No comments:

Post a Comment