Monday, August 30, 2010

Two Steps Forward....One Back!

Boats....far more trouble than they should be!

Finally had the sense of humor failure with the propane system. It reached the point where I got flat fed up with chasing leaks resulting from one very poorly designed, installed, and crafted system. I know Don Fulcher's ears are burning right about now!

I got up bright and early...gulped down my coffee....and got stuck in re-do'ing the propane system this morning. After cutting tie wraps, cutting one hose (after giving up trying to get the darn thing loose), and finally in desperation....completely dis-assembling the Pelican watertight box containing the regulator and tank selector module....I loaded the mess into the Pickup and headed off to Bayboro to get what I needed.

After a wasted stop at Jenkin's Gas....a very typical and demonstrably useless excuse for a gas company....I fell into Eastern Gas. In a very few minutes....parts in hand...off to the boat for the install. A few minutes putting some hoses and fittings together and it was back to the Pelican Box. Don Fulcher's ears are still on fire! Finally got the system all plumbed, hooked up, leak checked and secured with tie wraps. The expression...."Cooking with gas!" springs to mind!

Then....it was time to deal with the freezer compressor. Step one when dealing with a Freezer problem is to "completely" empty the freezer compartment. Operative word is "completely". "Completely" does not include leaving a package of steak in one corner of the freezer in mid-summer....for a week!

So far....we have progressed to the point of fixing the broken copper line that got broke because someone installed the system with not enough room to move the module so you can get your fingers to anything. That got re-soldered. The fan got replaced....the compressor still doesn not work. Parts on order....naturally no way to order them today....so Tomorrow! That means the part gets here on the second day....and if that isn't the answer....then we get to consider a new compressor module complete.

Can we say "BOAT"? Break out another thousand!

GRRRRRRRHHHHH!

While the weather is perfect.....stuck at the dock waiting for parts....and guess what...Hurricane Earl approaches!

Fingers crossed ol' Earl will scoot on by on his way to Scotland and leave us alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment