Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's A Guy To Do?

On first blush....I think I ought to cut the Commodore's rations and cut out all of his Kitty Treats in response to his failure in the performance of his duties. On the other hand I might see that failure as a truely nice thing he has done.

The rub is simple.....I want to use my sail boat for the purpose it is designed and built...that being "go places". The bird nest I found under the Mizzen Sail cover, complete with five or six pretty light blue eggs prevents me from doing so.

The loving parents of the eggs are tending the nest and being very responsible adults and have earned my admiration and respect. Frady on the other hand seems quite immune to any thought of failure in preventing this situation developing.

I need to do some reseach to figure out the time frame the birds will be nest bound and see if there is a natural way around this or if I must buy a bird house....hang it on the piling next to the boat....and in sight of the "Love Birds".....transfer the nest and eggs to the bird house in the hopes they will accept the eviction in good grace.

Ain't this boating life great?

No comments:

Post a Comment